This Halloween 2019, join the Meso Creso caravan as we embark on a new voyage and traverse a galaxy unknown: five unique extraterrestrial spaces, with more than fifty DJs, artists, and performers — global grooves & beats, house music, fire-spinning, burlesque, drag, aerial, immersive art installations and so much more...
Featuring: Meso Creso and collaborators Hearts Collective Music, Multiflora Productions, Sunset & Chill, Cirqusoria, Camp Beemore, Downtempo Rituals hosting five areas of sound.
PLANET MESO CRESO
Your voyage wouldn’t be complete without dancing to the global beats you’ve come to love from Meso Creso. Featuring resident DJs:
- Anandroid ~ soundcloud.com/an-android
- Beatrix ~ soundcloud.com/djbeatrix
- Mettabbana ~ soundcloud.com/mettabbana
- Raha Wala ~ soundcloud.com/rahawala
- v:shal kanwar ~ soundcloud.com/vishal-kanwar
- J Sequoia ~ soundcloud.com/sequoia
- Cirquosoria aerial airbenders and roving performers moving through space and time. (FB facebook.com/cirqusoria/)
PLANET MULTIFLORA PRODUCTIONS:
Get lost in tropical futurism and experience:
- live band La Colombopercutiva's (FB: facebook.com/lacolombopercutiva/) cumbia and Colombian rhythms with psychedelic guitar and brass, global vinyl with
- Crown Vic
- Leon City Sounds (soundcloud.com/leoncitysounds)
- and the legendary DJ Shakey (NYC). (soundcloud.com/djshakey)
PLANET HEARTS COLLECTIVE MUSIC:
Get down with a diverse blend of house-centric electronic music. Silky beats & spooky grooves featuring:
- KayLaSoul ~ soundcloud.com/djkaylasoul
- Pajamma b2b James Dank ~ soundcloud.com/jamesdank
- abco ~ soundcloud.com/abcomusic
- FckRobots ~ https://soundcloud.com/fckrobots
- DJ Naty Tea ~ facebook.com/naty.tea.3
- Shades Of Play ~ soundcloud.com/shadesofplaymusic
DOWNTEMPO & STARDUST LOUNGE
Start your night off in the Stardust Lounge with DC’s finest burlesque and drag performers from 11PM to 1AM.
- MC Vagenesis ~ DMV’s black-bearded beauty ~ IG @the_vagenesis
- Bebe Bardot ~ DC’s award-winning international burlesque performer, pinup model, and professional rollergirl ~ IG @bebe.bardot
- Citrine ~ Hailing from DC award-winning drag house, “Haus of Stone” ~ IG @citrinethequeen
- Ganja Kitty ~ Go-Go dancer, burlesque performer, and professional hula hooper ~ IG @ganjakittty
- Queen Nerfetittie ~ The Sphynx of burlesque and of a one of the flame throwers of DC-based Pyroxotic fire squad IG @queennefertittie
And then explore the slower sounds with DOWNTEMPO RITUALS. Dance to dreamy downtempo and slow house at their late night stage with:
OUTER SPACE W/ SUNSET & CHILL, AND CAMP BEEMORE
Buzz to our outdoor stage hosted by Baltimore based Camp Beemore and an open fire circle with Sunset & Chill and a space jam-packed lineup featuring:
- Top Down ~ facebook.com/pg/TopDownHouse
- Cristiña ~ soundcloud.com/cristinyyya
- Mambisa ~ soundcloud.com/mambisamambisa
- Illexxandra ~ soundcloud.com/illexxandra
- Beat Kitty ~ soundcloud.com/thebeatkitty
- Dripping Wet ~ facebook.com/pg/GetDrippingWet
VOLUNTEER: Make the magic happen!
Volunteer to help set-up, build, break-down the event, or work the the event door 4-6 hours for a comp ticket! --> bit.ly/GalaxyUnknownVolunteer
SAFE SPACES: Meso Creso seeks to be a safe space for all sexualities and genders. We love consent-based activities, believe that altered states are no excuse for bad behavior, and have a zero tolerance policy for those who think or act otherwise. Because of this, we are proud to have Safe Space volunteers at all of our events. These individuals are trained in bystander intervention best practices and are there to provide the community with support. ***You'll know them by their light-up golden crowns!***
RESPECTFUL CHOICES: Meso Creso welcomes everyone. We are an international community and recognize the deep importance of supporting marginalized communities, diverse cultures, and unique histories.
Thank you for not wearing someone else's culture as your costume. When in doubt, steer clear of costumes that represent a heritage outside of your own. Native American Ceremonial Headdresses ('War Bonnets') and Black/Brown face will not be allowed at this or any other Meso Creso event. If you arrive in one of these looks, you will be asked to change before entering.
In such a creative community, Meso Creso is confident that these requests will open up new, more inclusive creative opportunities for all who attend. Thank you for making choices that support and inspire all members of our community!
🚀 Are you ready for take-off!?!?!? 🚀